24 July 2023
In reply to the Hon. R.A. Simms MLC (2 May 2023):
My questions to the minister therefore are:
- How many submissions were received as part of this review?
- Will the government commit to publicly releasing the submissions received and the report?
- Will the minister advise when we will see the full suite of reforms that the government has in mind?
Response by The Hon. K.J. MAHER:
"The Minister for Consumer and Business Affairs has advised that:
1. The government received 5,565 responses to the YourSAy survey and 156 written submissions. Of these written submissions, 60 were from stakeholder groups and the remaining submissions were from interested individuals.
2. Consumer and Business Services has advised of its intention to publish submissions received from stakeholder groups on the CBS website, excluding those marked as confidential. CBS has also advised that it intends to publish a summary of the YourSAy survey outcome on the CBS website.
3. The Malinauskas government remains committed to introducing further reforms to the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 in the second half of 2023.